In this age, many people are reluctant to become members of anything, including groups and organizations that they support. And yet FOLFAN depends on having active members. So we offer a non-member "Fan" option as a way to try-out FOLFAN before becoming dues-paying members. To do this, complete the membership form on the "JOIN or DONATE" page, but include the word "Fan" in one of the fields. This will tell us that you wish to try out being a Fan before you decide to become a Member.
As a non-member Fan, you will receive:
- Informative FOLFAN e-newsletters
- Invitations to participate in select activities in the park
- Invitations to participate in volunteer activities in the park
- An invitation to our attend our annual Wild Night event
- The knowledge that you are part of the FOLFAN COMMUNITY and are actively helping to expand education and recreation opportunities while also protecting the natural and cultural resources of lakes Folsom and Natoma!
- Members get priority (over Fans) for events and activities with limited seats, tickets or registrations.
- The Fan option is not a substitute for membership, and is not available to former FOLFAN members. It is intended to give people who are largely unfamiliar with FOLFAN an opportunity to "try us out" before commiting to an annual membership.